Monday 29 June 2009

()><(((º> Hot Weather Whiskers <º)))><()

Hello and welcome back to fishing for Memories.

Weather currently roasting hot indeed and not making for the easiest or best conditions,but patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who use their watercraft to its best potential,so please keep plugging away,although I would love some rain as the rivers could really do with a bit and this would help with sport.


Robert and I got down to the gentleman's river on Thursday evening,weather hot and humid and the rivers water level down again by another 6 inches or more,you could stand in the side where it was dry,however though there was still some reasonable depth ranging from 4 to 5 foot+ in the channels and that was good consolation.

I put a couple of handfuls of pellets into my swim along with a couple of small balls of heavy ground bait mixed with hemp and rested the swim for over an hour and decided on one rod boilie and one on a 16mm halibut pellet.Robert however opted for two rods out with pva bags filled with chopped boilies and small pellets,with 16mm and 20mm Halibut pellet hook baits on each rod.

Meanwhile I was being kept company by the kingfisher again who had taken to perching on one of the branches of a bush,I got some more video footage this time of it,what more can I say,such a beautiful bird,the video I Took of the Kingfisher is at the bottom of this blog entry.


After I felt my swim had been given a chance to recover from my disturbance,I placed both rods out 3/4 of the way across to the far bank,one rod to a cabbage patch and the other placed underneath a bush.The evening wore on and boy was it hot and humid too,apart from some small fry there was little to no activity but as darkness beckoned to envelope us in its cloak,it was getting to what I would call "magic Hour" where you know the fading light gives you a little edge and the fish drop their guard.My swim started having a few Bream rolling in it and it was not long before I caught a couple not huge at 7lb each,but welcome in the slow conditions both on the halibut pellet rod near the cabbage patches,at 11pm my boilie rod which was fished under the bush shot off upstream and the Shimano Exage reel sang merrily,I lifted into a heavy plodding resistance that continued upstream hugging the bottom,I felt the line clip on a snag and a sudden panicky feeling set about me,luckily the weight must have just clipped a snag and i was safe again,gradually I played the fish back each time it responding in another deep run,eventually after an excellent fight a Barbel of 9Lb8oz was sat recovering in the net,it had been slow going but this fish putting in an appearance made it more than worth the effort,it was in pristine condition and second Barbel of the season from the gentleman's river for myself.



Photobucket




About 1 hour later I heard Robert calling for me,I turned up at his swim to find he was into a good fish that had wedged itself into a cabbage patch,after Robert applied some sensible pressure it was out and bolted off downstream again,after eventually coming close to being landed it shot off and tried to embed itself in a snag further downstream,thankfully it didn't make the snag and Robert had a lovely 9 pound Whisker nestling in the net,we was both feeling very chipper and happy.



Photobucket









This ended our session and we headed off homeward again,both very happy to have had another two Barbel grace us with their presence in such hot conditions.

Once again thank you for reading and good luck and tight lines wherever your fishing at the moment,till the next post best fishes and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment